|post-bath :) so stinkin' cute!|
|Right after cutting the umbilical cord with Dr. Jacob|
|Cleaning him off while mom finishes the job!|
- 2:20 p.m. - Went to our 38 week appointment (5 days after our last checkup) and em's blood pressure was high.
- 3:00 p.m. - The Dr. tested her and found that she had preeclampsia (eclampsia is seizures that can happen in first time moms during their 2nd and 3rd trimester - luckily we hadn't had one of those).
- 3:30 p.m. - The only cure for preeclampsia is to deliver the baby, so we went and checked in the hospital (it is connected to the OB/GYN office we were at)
- 4:15 p.m. - I got back to the hospital with all of our stuff (Nicole and David helped us pack!) and Em already had the IV all set up (magnesium sulfate, normal fluids and oxytocin). She had been having contractions all along - she just couldn't feel them - the oxytocin helped that.
- 5:00 p.m. - Sent Nicole and David on our errands (we didn't even have a car seat yet). You guys rock!
- 5:30 p.m. - The Dr. came and broke her water, the pain started to come with the contractions (3 cm. dilate)
- 9:30 p.m. - 4 cm dilated, the pain from the labor was bad.
- 10:00 p.m. - Started the epidural (I'll let Emily explain the relief that was!)
- 11:00 p.m. - 6 cm dilated.
- 12:00 a.m. - 9 cm dilated.
- 12:40 a.m. - Em really felt like she should push but the nurse hadn't come back yet... we called her in, the nurse measured and the baby was ready to come.
- 1:05 a.m. - Start pushing...
- 1:28 a.m. - _________ Andrew Krebs arrived at 6 lbs. 7 oz. and 19 in.
- 2:30 a.m. - first feeding :)
- 3:30 a.m. - first bath...
- 4:30 a.m. - moved to the more comfortable bed in the more comfortable room...
- 9:00 a.m. - Pediatrician checked and everything is perfect with peanut.
- 10:00 a.m. - Both mom and baby are happily sleeping!
We are so happy - so grateful - so lucky to be parents, to be entrusted with this responsibility. We'd love to see Provo friends in the hospital today or tomorrow... let us know if you want to come by, we'll add you to the list of people allowed back.
|weighing him... he's not shy about being a boy either|
|holding mom's hand :)|
|Trying to figure out what he's doing on the outside...|
|pre-first bath shot...|
|he doesn't really love the bath all that much|
|They even let me wash his head... how incredible|
|he liked this part more than the last one|
|Here's how he currently looks :) What a miracle...|