|Yummy breakfast food!|
|Reading with Aunt Leah. Thanks for the books, Mimi!|
|Thanks, Aunt Karen! This toy was a hit with all the kiddos.|
|Fire truck from Grandpa Woods and Kathy!|
|Playing with the ballons!|
|Found this gem on our camera :)|
|Buffalo fighting with Grandpa Krebs!|
|And then when he DIDN'T want to share his wagon with Elsie :) I'd say he did okay overall :)|
My sweet Jackson,
Happy 2nd Birthday to you! I can’t believe how fast time has flown since we welcomed you into our family on Thanksgiving just two years ago. You have blessed our lives in so many ways. I remember the first few weeks that we had you at home, Dad and I would look at you and marvel at the miracle that you were and talk frequently about how much our hearts had grown to overflowing. Since then you have grown into a little boy!
Right now you:
- have all your baby teeth!
- talk in almost complete sentences.
- help mommy with the laundry, sweeping, putting soap in the dishwasher and starting the dishwasher, putting your clothes away, picking up your toys and books, taking things to the trash, getting your own coat and shoes, cooking dinner, bringing your plate to the sink, putting your milk away and other various chores. You are a great helper!
- love to “fly” with daddy in the towel after your bath
- LOVE bath time.
- love to go to the library
- love to sing and dance
- LOVE to read books. You read books for around an hour or two every day. I love when you sit and read the books to yourself that you have memorized.
- love to look at pictures of yourself or your family and of the gospel art photos on my phone.
- your favorite TV shows are: Curious George, Super Why and Elmo
- love to pretend to call and talk to people. You like to use the house phone more than mommy’s cell phone.
- are learning to try new foods and usually do a pretty good job of at least tasting new things.
You are a very curious and smart little boy. You try to figure out how things work and why. I love to watch you discover something new or learn how to do something. Right now you are learning the limits and testing them. Sometimes you don’t like when I tell you what to do and we are learning what it means to be obedient. You are learning to adjust how to be a big brother and doing a beautiful job. Just one day before your 2nd birthday you officially became a big brother. I can see that it’s an adjustment for you and sometimes I think it makes you sad, but you are doing a great job of being gentle and kind and helpful with your sister. You love to give her kisses and bring her toys and help mom do things for her. I miss spending all my time with you, but I love the time we do get together and I love seeing you love your baby sister.
You bring so much joy and happiness to my life. You will always be my sweet little Jack no matter how old you get. Thank you for making my life happier than I could ever imagine.
I love you always and forever,Mom