Thursday, October 6, 2011

October Snow.

 I learned a few things today:

1. Cold weather = increased desire to read books and drink hot drinks.
2. I'd rather walk. Always.
3. Dad's are pretty awesome people.
(see following story)

Today was going to be productive. I was going to scrapbook 5 pages, clean the bathroom, coach, do the laundry and make a couple of desserts. I promise.

And then it snowed.

Let's face it, when it's cold and raining outside all I want is to cuddle up on the couch with a good book and some hot cocoa. So, thank you Western Family cocoa for making this chilly first snow of the season spectacular.

Fortunately, I did get to diving practice to coach, although trying to find a parking spot on the first cold day of the semester is not something I particularly enjoy. In fact, in the amount of time I spent driving around looking for a spot and then walking from that spot to the pool I probably could have...okay, I wasn't doing anything before so it's not like it was a total waste of time.

However, when I got home from practice I found a lovely little package in my mailbox. Inside was this:

This is a ridiculous picture, but you can't really tell what it looks like in the other picture :)

 
My Dad, who's birthday is today (Happy Birthday, Dad!) sent me a lovely maternity sweater "just because." These little surprises are the best kind of surprises. Thanks, Dad for increasing my winter wardrobe and for making me feel loved :)


3 comments:

  1. Emily. I found your blog. Love it. Love you. You are a doll and I am glad we are in the same stake. Maybe we can rekindle some of our freshman year friendship! :) (That is a weird way to say that, I know.) Anyway, you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute sweater!! and an even cuter baby bump !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years back I finally figured out why snow = lazy day for us Kentuckians!! It's because of SNOW DAYS with no school. We knew that if there was even an inch of snow we could have the whole day off to play and relax and have fun!! So now we have been conditioned to do just that whenever it snows. :) At least that is my excuse. Good to blame something... :) Can't wait to see you guys! We've been missing you from our party.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you all!