Weight: 16 lbs. 13 oz. (3rd percentile)
Height: 27.5 in. (70th percentile)
Head Circumference: 46 cm (70th percentile)
He's just a little guy. I asked the doctor today if it was okay that he was so skinny. He sort of laughed at me and told me as long as I feed him when he's hungry then he'll grow like he is supposed to :)
|Learning how to eat finger foods :)|
Jackson just gets more and more fun. Here are some of the cool new things he is doing:
1. He is a walker! He hasn't quite mastered the skill, but he's pretty close :) He can take multiple steps at a time and prefers to walk over crawling most of the time.
2. He LOVES being in the water. Bath time and pool time are some of his favorite things. Every time I take him into our bathroom he gasps in excitement because he thinks we are going to take a bath :)
3. He loves to empty things (laundry baskets, suitcases, magazine shelves, diaper bag, you name it).
4. Playing peek-a-boo makes him giggle like crazy.
5. He still hasn't quite figured out grass.
6. He has decided that the vacuum is his friend, despite their rocky start.
7. He wants to feed himself with the spoon...the visions of pureed carrots splattered on the blinds and carpet have kept me from letting him for now.
8. I think he tries to sing. Whenever we sing in church he "talks" (okay, he is always talking) in a sing-song type melody. It's cute, either way :)
9. Man, does he love to chat it up. I wonder who he gets that from :)
10. He had his first experience sharing and playing with other kids this past week in Utah. He doesn't get frustrated when someone takes a toy he is playing with (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this behavior lasts), he just sort of looks and then finds something new to play with.
11. He likes to pull up on people. A few weeks ago he tried to pull up on a 3 year old boy and he ended up pants-ing the poor kid.
12. He is still a fan of story time, although he prefers books that he can interact with (like his flap book or his curious george book).
13. He has started to respond to "no." While he isn't a 100% obedient, it's nice to know that he gets it :)
14. He loves people.
15. He is one curious fella. He tries to figure out everything around him by touching it, looking at it, passing it between his hands, tasting it and banging it.
16. When he gets excited he sucks in his breathe and makes a really loud gasping noise. It's hilarious.
17. He has started to push toys around the room. He will either crawl on his knees or walk on his feet with both hands on his toy.
18. He is more and more content with toys meant for him. He doesn't lose interest quite as quickly.
19. He still has major persistence. He will NOT give up on getting something he wants. Sounds like someone I know :)
20. He is sleeping pretty good (minus his travelling nights...yikes) and takes relatively consistent naps (2 a day).
21. We've been told that he is: inquisitive, always thinking, a talker, likes to play with all the things he isn't supposed to, active, outgoing, and friendly!
22. He loves to feed himself these days. Finger foods are a great blessing. It means we can both eat at the same time :) He likes peaches, plums, cheerios, puffs, yogurt bites, bread and anything we have on our plate.
23. Three words to describe or little guy: Happy, busy and CUTE :)