Sunday, March 10, 2013

February Fun :)

I just realized that I hadn't blogged for a whole month. Whoops. We haven't been doing anything too exciting, so I guess I haven't felt the need to update. But, I suppose I can think of a FEW cool things :)

1. Crafting update.

I've been a little bit of a lame-o with my crafting adventures, but I promise I have a good reason. All my nap times have been spent working on my newest passion: reclaimed wood creations. I'm getting closer and closer to opening up my Etsy shop and when I do, I promise to post pictures of my creations. Although, here is a little sneak peak of what I've been up to:





2. Play dough.

Jackson and I made some play dough this month! It was super easy to make ( I can't find the recipe that I used, but this one looks pretty close: homemade play dough) and Jackson had a blast! Although the amount of play dough that got ground into the seat of the chair has discouraged me from doing it every day.











3. Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day was pretty awesome! Chuck surprised me on the 13th and took me out to dinner at one of my favorite places in Lexington, Bella Note (absolutely delicious Italian food). We were going to go to a movie, but by the time we pulled into the movie theatre it was 10:00pm and we were too tired! Does that make us sad old fogies?  I think so. But at least we had an awesome night out! There is nothing like some good one-on-one adult conversation with the hubs to make a girl happier than a clam. Thanks, Mom and Dad Krebs for watching the little man for us :)

4. Library Activities.

We've started to go the library every week for the weekly story times. Jackson LOVES the library. I'm not sure what his favorite part is: all the books, the train table, the puzzles, listening to stories, the music time or playing with all the toys at the end of the class. It's a blast for both of us :)

5. Waiting for good weather to show up.

This little guy is dying to get outside more! The few days we get out to the park are good ones.





6. Cooking, of course.

Every. single. day. Jackson wakes up and runs into the kitchen, pulls his chair out, climbs in and starts cooking away. Recently he has been methodically scooping flour from one bowl and placing it into another. It gets pretty messy, but he can play there for hours so it makes doing dishes, cleaning the kitchen (minus his little corner) and cooking dinner a breeze (mostly).




7. Weight lifting.

You know, just a little light exercise. Sometimes I do work out videos during Jackson's nap and forget to put the weights away. This is what happens.



And I do promise that I am working on my great grandma's dresser like I said in my last post (I've got the handles changed and removed the mirror, but I'm still working on fixing up the scratches). February has been a great month for us and we are getting SUPER excited about summer and warm weather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you all!