Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jackson's Nursery Inspiration

Chuck and I have officially moved into the town home! Hooray! Big thanks to my dad for letting us squat in his basement for the summer and to my mom for letting us live in her town home during law school. HUGE blessings.

Now that we are officially in our own space, I've been going crazy with decorating ideas. While our "student" budget won't allow for anything major, I'm still anxious to make our house a home. And what better place to start than the little guy's room? He's 8 months old and he's finally getting a room of his own (no more walk in closets, pack and plays in the living room or cribs in dad's basement). While the room isn't quite finished yet, we are making progress. I wanted to share some of the pinterest finds that inspired Jackson's room.

I LOVE these plain brown letters.
source
I've definitely jumped on the band wagon for wall decals. They are such a fun way to spice up walls.

source
Trisha at The Sweet Survival made these adorable bookshelves for her son's room. Since Jackson loves his books, we will definitely be putting up some bookshelves!
source
This is an awesome site for nursery inspiration! I love this wall gallery. Perfect for over the changing table.
source
And here is the space that we are starting with:



Sorry the photos are so dark. I ran through the house taking pictures before we really started to move in because I wanted to get some before shots. You get the idea though, right?

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will be able to show you the transformation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you all!